Good Kitchen Shop Chania

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
johnincrete

Good Kitchen Shop Chania

Postby johnincrete » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:56 am

Most of my pots and pans are worn out. I want to buy 3 saucepans - large, medium and small ; a digital meat thermometer; and a large frying pan. I don't want cast iron or anything that sticks. I want good quality.
Does anyone know a good kitchen ware shop in Chania?

peebee

Re: Good Kitchen Shop Chania

Postby peebee » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:32 am

I would suggest Simple City https://simple-city.gr by the Mournies exit, or Diafano https://www.diafanostores.gr opposite AB on the way to Jumbo.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:42 am

Manias Home Collection is worth a try. If you stand with your back to the top of Halidon you are facing 1866 Square. Walk up the right hand side of the square and turn right into the first small side street. Manias Home Collection is facing you at the end of the street. Kitchenware is mainly in the basement. I can't guarantee they will have what you want but worth a look.

I currently use Tefal non-stick which are about 14 years old now and looking the worse for wear. If I was buying new today I would buy double skin stainless steel without a non-stick lining except for the frying pan, which I would buy non-stick. Unfortunately most of the stainless pans you see in Greece seem to be the ones with two small handles rather than one long handle and I prefer the latter. They mainly do the frying pans and the small milk pans with the long handle.

Warwick

Yin&Yang

Postby Yin&Yang » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:56 am

I second Manias Home Collection. We’ve bought quite a few things from there, good quality and a good selection of most things.
Someday is now : )

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:06 pm

Try the Chinese "Homais" store, which is on the left after the Ford garage as you drive towards Haniá on the Souda Road. The top floor has kitchenware and a cornucopia of other hardware and electrical "stuff". There's good off-road parking all around the building.

There's also an excellent kitchenware shop that's at the far end of a short street that radiates out from 1866 square in Haniá. Sorry that I can't be more specific but my wife thinks it has a two-word English name. Ah! It's Manias Home Collection that's already been suggested.

If you walk down the street opposite the bus station entrance, Manias is on your left.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:46 pm

SatCure wrote:...If you walk down the street opposite the bus station entrance, Manias is on your left.

For clarity that is the street opposite the small gate where you walk out out of the bus station onto Kydonias not the big gate where the coaches drive in.

Warwick

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”