Good HiFi shop?

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
bobscott

Good HiFi shop?

Postby bobscott » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:14 pm

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Hi-Fi shop in Chania please? Our old Bose wave system is creaking at the seams and although there is a Bose 'repair' shop in Athens, they aren't taking anything at the moment and in any case, I think the old one is clapped out! Principal requirement is that it plays CD's with good quality sound reproduction. Radio is a preferable additional option, but not essential. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks. Bob.
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

margarita

Re: Good HiFi shop?

Postby margarita » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:59 am

If you haven't already tried them it might be worth letting

Hania Electronics
40A Panagouli Alekou Street
Hania

Tel: 28210 75008

have a look at your current system. They have rescued one or two ancient bits of kit for us. If they can't repair yours they may be able to tell you where you could buy new equipment.

On the way to Hania via Souda turn right at the traffic lights just before the main Police Station. Hania Electronics is a little way along on the right where the road widens out.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:39 pm

I would also recommend them. They repaired a HiFi(ish) CD player for me and a TV DVD player/recorder for a friend at pretty reasonable cost. In both cases it was the CD/DVD mechanism that was acting up rather than an electronic fault but they do electronic repairs as well. They seem to do a lot of TVs.

Warwick

Mathitis

Postby Mathitis » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:31 pm

"Third-ed" - definitely recommended and reasonable cost. Always worth sounding them out before ditching anything.

peebee

Postby peebee » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:35 pm

I had a piece of equipment repaired there a few years back. They stripped it down and located a number of damaged components which they replaced, cost me around €40.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:37 am

Thanks all. Will definitely give them a go. Bob.

bobscott

Postby bobscott » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:36 pm

bobscott wrote:Thanks all. Will definitely give them a go. Bob.

Collected half of my Bose system from Chania Electronics today. Repaired and working well. The other half was knackered thanks to a loose screw wandering around in the system so just consigned that to the bin! Thanks for your advice folks. Much appreciated. Bob. :D

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”