Local Suppliers

Are you looking for tradesmen,doctors, computers, cars, home and garden services, shops, accountants, lawyers, insurance, leisure services etc in Crete?
Ask a question or add a business or a useful service.
SatCure

Local Suppliers

Postby SatCure » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:03 am

If the current situation continues, Amazon and other huge businesses will consolidate their monopoly and there won't be any small businesses.

So you might like to support small and preferably local businesses whenever possible.

This site https://www.bestprice.gr

...provides links to Greek suppliers of whatever you type into the search box.
Sometimes typing in English will find what you want. Other times you'll need to use a dictionary.

You'll also need to know the common words used by the various shopping cart pages. The more often you order, the easier it becomes. (Keep a note of the words.)

[url]https://www.bestprice.gr/search?q=ισοπροπυλικη+αλκοολη[/url]
(I set it to search for isopropyl alcohol as an example but the url tag doesn't work so copy-paste.)

Delivery is generally quicker than Amazon. Sometimes you get a choice of, say, ELTA or ACS courier and it's remarkably cheap.

Yin&Yang

Re: Local Suppliers

Postby Yin&Yang » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:39 am

I didn’t know about this site. Thank you. It’s well set out.
Someday is now : )

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:16 pm

Scrouge is also quite good for finding Greek suppliers.

At the moment a lot of courier services are completely overloaded because of the rapid rise in online shopping so don't necessarily expect a speedy delivery. Last Tuesday I ordered an item online from a shop in Chania that is currently closed but has an online store. They handed the item over to Geniki Taxydromiki in Chania on Thursday. After several days I managed to get through to Geniki on the phone only to discover it was not due for delivery until today. I went and collected it from their distribution centre on Wednesday.

e-shop is also always worth a look. You can still pick up from their distribution centre in Chania during the lockdown.

Warwick

PS For something like Isopropyl Alcohol I think I would have gone totally local, phoned my local pharmacy, asked them to get whatever I needed and then picked it up when they had it.

TweetTweet

Postby TweetTweet » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:08 pm

Geniki Taxydromiki

Certainly in my neck of the woods, this "courier" is regarded as a mafia cover "service" for "other" goods.

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:05 pm

They are widely used by online retailers. Some retailers give you a choice, often with different pricing, but some don't.

Warwick

SatCure

Postby SatCure » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:49 am

Kilkis wrote:PS For something like Isopropyl Alcohol I think I would have gone totally local, phoned my local pharmacy, asked them to get whatever I needed and then picked it up when they had it.

That was my first port of call. They begrudgingly agreed to sell me 100cc. I always try to buy locally but sometimes they just don't want my business!

Kilkis

Postby Kilkis » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:25 am

SatCure wrote:...I always try to buy locally but sometimes they just don't want my business!

Perhaps some people have had the same experience and that is why they buy from Amazon?

Warwick

evansmr1

Postby evansmr1 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:40 am

Those of us who live in Greece, should always try and support local businesses and of course the ever improving Greek On-Line services. Should be no need to support Amazon.

To my Adult Offsprings in the UK I sent them a list of Greek on-line sites and asked them to stop wasting their money on the high cost of postage from the UK.
We live in Greece and therefor MUST support Greek Businesses
Mike
=============
Sic parvis magnaike

Return to “Shops, Doctors, Professionals, Suppliers & Services”