Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

For discussion, news, comments, questions and information about Crete & Greece.
Tinny
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: Hania

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby Tinny » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:53 am

Kilkis wrote:I think it is high time that the detailed proposals made by the Greek government and the unmet demands of the institutions are made public.

Warwick


The Greek Government has made public its proposals, they're everywhere on the internet. As for those of the Financial 'Institutions', we have to make do with any documents that a 'leaked' (officially or otherwise)!
Deano

Tinny
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: Hania

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby Tinny » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:56 am

It's believed (by not just Greece but many countries both in and outside Europe) that the debt itself is illegal, hence the establishment of the 'Parliamentary Audit Committee on Public Debt' headed by the Speaker of Parliament, Zoe Konstantopoulou.

To see what part of the debt can be considered - illegal, illegitimate, odious or unsustainable - (debt that undermines basic human rights)
as per Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union 2013
Deano

Loretta9

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby Loretta9 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:01 pm

Yes Filippos. Your experience was confirmed by friends of mine this end of Crete who dont use the NBG.
In addition ... TROIKA want Greece on its knees so that the corporate psychos can come in and buy it up at the lowest rates.

scooby

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby scooby » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:42 pm

I believe there will be a solution. Why would Germany want to lose a good client? OK they might have their margin squeezed as a result of negotiations but will still have a good client, hence Merkel out of the good of her heart :wink: intervenes.

Kriticat
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:54 am

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby Kriticat » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:16 am

Not only is the torygraph standing up for syriza, the FT, that bastion of the bankers, today published a letter of support from top economists making the case for common sense and humanity
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a8e1e728-0b05 ... z3cMdxNBFF

Loretta9

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby Loretta9 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:34 am

40% of Greek exports go to Russia now stopped under the blanket sanctions imposed upon Russia. Greece are opposed to the sanctions not because of the damaging affect on Greece but as a fundamentally flawed means of forcing Russia to back off Ukraine.
So Greece is prevented from paying its way because of an ideological power spat between USA/UK and Russia.
Why should Greece accept austerity as a lever to force change domestically with such double standards by the Sabre rattling superpowers.
Any right thinking person would accept that sanctions are a waste of time.

bobscott
Posts: 2914
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: Kokkino Horio

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby bobscott » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:15 am

More support for Syriza here:
http://apokoronasnews.gr/?p=1463
Yesterday today was tomorrow. Don't dilly dally!

Topdriller
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:47 pm
Location: Kambani, Akrotiri
Contact:

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby Topdriller » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Before anyone feels that Putin, a nasty murderous thug, is hard done by they might want to check out his estimated personal net worth.

"Oficially, Vladimir Putin’s net worth is thought to be around $70 billion according to Forbes, which makes the Russian the second-richest man in the world since Bill Gates’ net worth is $79.3 billion in 2015. Putin’s salary was previously nine million rubles, or $145,000, per year, whereas U.S. President Barack Obama earns $400,000 per year. At the same time, the average salary in Russia is estimated at $17,230, while the U.S. median household income was $51,939 in 2013.

Unofficially, Russian writer Stanislav Belkovsky claims Vladimir Putin’s net worth may be as high as $200 billion, which is difficult to ascertain since wealth can be hidden via shell companies and offshore accounts. Due to this possibility, rumors claim Putin may own much more, yet the Russian leader seems to believe he’s earned it."

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1905728/vladim ... Q5kj52J.99

Jon
We need men who dream of things that never were.

Loretta9

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby Loretta9 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:13 pm

After the first 100 Billion whose counting ?? According to UK media he has 85% support of Russian people.
He has a fair way to go to be on a par with Bush and son Oil interests linked to Bin laden family.
I often wonder why the good guys get assassinated and the scum such as Blair, Bush stroll the world like Peacocks.

SatCure
Posts: 1985
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: Apokoronas

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby SatCure » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:22 pm

As regards Putin's worth I wouldn't put much store in the accuracy of stories "Based on rumours..." and "Unoficially ... claims..." Nor do I see that it's relevant, anyway. Most world leaders got to their position because they were already independently wealthy so no surprises there. The American political system is especially biased towards the wealthy.

What's more relevant is evidence that the US/NATO is deliberately putting the blame on Putin for actions that he didn't take. Example:-
http://www.storyleak.com/evidence-concl ... operation/
http://www.globalresearch.ca/malaysian- ... ag/5414173

The so-called "evidence" of Putin's "guilt" is used as an excuse to force Greece (and the rest of Europe) to impose sanctions on Russia.

Loretta9

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby Loretta9 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:41 am

I agree Satcure. While i do not pretend to have in depth knowledge on Putin it is self evident he does not fear USA or UK and his robust stance, almost indifference towards the West superpowers is something hard to handle properly because they have not had to contend with a strong adversary before.
The CIA dare not slip into Russia and set the seed for rebellion even if they could.
I have to laugh when TV debate programmes rig the question as anti Putin from the outset with audience members following like sheep as Putin haters when you know they have not given any thought to the matter and are simply following the BBC and media hype.
Iraq was invaded, a sovereign country, for similar behaviour to that Russia is accused of.
What has this got to do with Greece (to avoid dumping to Slobbovia) its all about bullying when you can get away with it. The EU are bullying Greece. Tsipras cleverly has, at the very least, given the impression he would do a deal with Russia. I predicted this line of politics (left wing Government anti austerity and look to Russia) a few years ago on this site and was strongly opposed.
I think if the EU wanted to it could easily persuade Greece to be a willing, positive participant in the whole matter. Stop screwing the Greeks to the deck until they bleed. Tsipras also has to compromise his stance and show he can deal with the rich, corrupt so called Brown envelope criminals.
But then - even the UK Government can not, or more to the truth, dont want to, deal with the rich corrupt criminals in UK. Just like the Greeks the ordinary person in the UK is paying of the debt while the rich have got many times richer despite all having the Sepp Blatter effect.

mouche
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby mouche » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Loretta9 wrote:40% of Greek exports go to Russia now stopped under the blanket sanctions imposed upon Russia.


Whre did you find that figure? As far as fruit and conserves maybe so, but overall it's about ten per cent which is about the same as the greek export to Germany and Italy.

Topdriller
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:47 pm
Location: Kambani, Akrotiri
Contact:

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby Topdriller » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Loretta9 wrote:While i do not pretend to have in depth knowledge on Putin it is self evident he does not fear USA or UK and his robust stance, almost indifference towards the West superpowers is something hard to handle properly because they have not had to contend with a strong adversary before.


Yep, must be just coincidence that his only real opposition was gunned down in front of the Kremlin a few months back or thousands of Russian soldiers (minus their identifying uniform badges) are fighting with Russian military hardware in East Ukraine. And as for the Air Malaysia flight, just bad luck?

'Strong adversary' or murderous thug?

Jon
We need men who dream of things that never were.

Loretta9

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby Loretta9 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:34 pm

is your point TD that Putin is a shyster or that our own leaders and of course USA leaders would never avail themselves of such methods of quelling opposition ? I dont agree or like Putins ruthless autocratic style. But he is no better or worse than those we regard to be on our side.

SatCure
Posts: 1985
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: Apokoronas

Re: Tsipras: Europe at Crossroads

Postby SatCure » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:29 pm

Topdriller wrote:or thousands of Russian soldiers (minus their identifying uniform badges) are fighting with Russian military hardware in East Ukraine.

A "false flag" operation (without the flag) to incriminate Russia.

Topdriller wrote:And as for the Air Malaysia flight, just bad luck?

See my link to the report, above.


Return to “General Discussion & News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests